Nobody ever said you have to sacrifice taste for health! These vegan KFC bowls will blow your mind. They are hearty, warm, “cheesy” and HEALTHY. This bowl is great because it has textures that play off of each other really well. The mashed potatoes and crispy chicken and sweet potato fries really do the trick.
I have been cooking my family dinners as frequently as I can, because I want them to know how easy and delicious these meals are. Even my little step brother and sister said they wouldn’t have known the difference in the chicken! Plus they got seconds of everything (& my step brother tried to get thirds).
Hope you enjoy!
Vegan Chicken: I buy Gardeins vegan chicken strips! I used one bag for my family!
- about 4 white potatoes, peeled and cut. (used as many potatoes you feel fitting for your family/yourself).
- about 1 tbs vegan butter: I use the brand Mykonos because it is palm oil free.
- pepper and pink Himalayan salt to taste.
Sweet Potato Fries:
- One large sweet potato, or a few small ones. Cut into fry shape.
1 can of corn by Simple Truth Oraganic
Mac n Cheese:
- 1 12oz package of whole wheat or gluten free pasta noodles. (You can also buy chickpea based noodles that are super yummy)
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced into small rounds
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cashews
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- splash of apple cider vinegar
- 2 squirts of dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of yellow potatoes, peeled and cut.
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of water
- Heat oven to 430 degrees F, or according to your vegan chickens instructions. (if you don’t have an air fryer, you need to do step 7 toward the beginning, as conventional oven cooking for sweet potatoes takes about 40 minutes.)
- In a pan, throw your carrots, onions, potatoes and about 1/2 cup of water into a pan. Bring to a boil and place lid on top the pan to soften the veggies.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for your noodles. Cook and drain noodles once they are done.
- In a blender, add ACV, lemon, nutritional yeast, 1/3 cup of water, garlic, dijon mustard, cayenne pepper and blend. Once the veggies are softened, add them in the blender and blend together until smooth.
- Add cheese sauce to the noodles.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil for your mashed potatoes. Boil your potatoes and then drain once done. Add in vegan butter and pepper and mash.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into fries and place in the air fryer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add corn into a pan on medium-low heat and add in pepper.
- Add vegan chicken into the oven for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Plate your bowl and serve with some Vegan BBQ sauce (I use Simple Truth Organic)
Notes: I put breadcrumbs on top of my Mac n cheese and baked it in the oven until crispy. This is totally optional. I would recommend adding more sauce if you are going to bake it because unfortunately mine did dry out just a bit!
Hope you all enjoy!
Recipe by soulfulsam.com